From the Chief Executive
It’s been a very busy spring but we’ve made great progress:
- We can report an amazing year in 2018-19. We helped 3,350 clients find a way forward with more than 11,400 problems. It’s testament to the dedication of our staff and volunteers that we achieved this despite Redhill being closed for 3 weeks April 2018.
- Our Outreach service has made brilliant progress. We’re once again running advice sessions at Merstham. At Tadworth, we’ve doubled our presence and now run drop-in sessions 2 mornings a month at Merland Rise Church.
- In Volunteers Week 2019 (3-7 June) we’ll be celebrating the work of our wonderful CARBS volunteers.
- Our Universal Credit Help to Claim service has been up and running for 2 months. Already it’s helping many clients through the application process. We’re a key part of the R&B team making a difference with colleagues at Job Centre Plus, R&B Council, Raven Housing Trust and others.
- We’re looking forward to our Scams Awareness Campaign (10-23 June) in partnership with the Citizens Advice network and Trading Standards.
- In May we reviewed and reissued all organisation policies. They can be found on the CARBS website here.
As ever, huge thanks to our advisers and staff who always go the extra mile.