At risk of redundancy? Seven things to check.
Get to know your rights
The government’s Job Retention Scheme is due to end on 31 October. This is expected to mean many more people at risk of redundancy.
Citizens Advice has published a highly-recommended Checklist for anyone who thinks it might happen to them or is already in this position.
On the list are 7 essential things to investigate:
- Check if your redundancy is fair.
- Check how much redundancy pay you get.
- Furloughed? Make sure you get 100% redundancy pay.
- Check your notice period.
- Check your holiday pay.
- You might be entitled to paid time off to look for work.
- Check if you’ve got legal help via your home insurance.
There’s a quick description of each item and follow-up links.
Read our full information on leaving a job